As the need for renewable energy sources becomes increasingly important for our environment, BOC is focused to provide services helping our clients to develop and operate renewable energy facilities worldwide.
For companies involved in renewable energy, whether this is, wind, wave, tidal or solar energy, the environmental conditions are not only essential for their power output estimates and therefore the revenues of a project. Also for design, safety, installation and maintenance, the cost side of a project, these are of great importance.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of services for the renewable energy. For management of your facilities as well as for planning and optimising your operations. Services include siting and feasibility studies, metocean hindcast studies to support design and planning, workability analysis for installation and/or maintenance operations.
For energy yield assessments we provide long term, site specific time series of wind, wave, current and tidal parameters.
For energy output forecasts and to support offshore operations we provide detailed weather and oceanographic forecast information.
An overview of our services for Renewables is given below
- Power output forecasts
- Icing forecasts for wind farms – ice growth
- Marine weather forecasts to support offshore and/or port operations
- Site-specific atmospheric information – wind resource & energy yield assessment
- Climate summaries – workability analysis
- Coastal and offshore engineering data services – metocean design criteria
- Vessel operability analysis
- Hydrodynamic modelling and sediment transport studies